Add ragi to your diet if you are trying to lose weight. Try the following easy recipes.
Weight loss is a process in which diet plays a big role. Diet alone cannot help you lose weight, but it can help you eat healthy and maintain your intake of essential vitamins, minerals, and nutrients.
Dieting doesn’t mean giving up food, it’s about observing what and when you eat. It is concluded that adhering to the
Ragi is a rich source of protein for vegans and vegetarians and has enough benefits to persuade you to add it to your diet. is equipped with
Here are five recipes you can try right away.
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or ghee
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- 1.5 cups jaggery sugar or coconut sugar or powdered sugar
- 1.5 cups ragi flour 1.5 cups
- 1 tablespoon powdered cardamom seeds
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts
- Cardamom (powder – seeds only) 4
Tips: Jaggery and coconut sugar go well with coconut oil. Sugar goes well with ghee.
- Add 1 tablespoon of ghee and roasted cashews to a hot skillet.
- Make a paste with ragi flour and water.
- Pour the mixture into a thick-bottomed container and keep stirring over medium heat.
- Add sugar and cardamom to the thick paste.
- Add ghee or coconut oil, 2 tablespoons at a time, making sure everything is absorbed into the ingredients.
- Reduce heat and simmer until a thick paste forms.
- When the oil begins to separate, remove the halwa to a pan and serve hot.
- 1 cup ragi flour
- 1 cup buttermilk or curd
- 1 teaspoon oil
- Mix ragi flour with curd, buttermilk, or water in a bowl. This is an instant batter recipe for small families.
- Spread the dough out in a circle on the hot tawa.
- Add oil or ghee to the edges and surface of the dosa.
- When the dosa dough becomes crispy, turn it over and bake the other side.
- You can also add Masala Aloe Mix to amplify the flavor.
- Serve the dosa warm with coconut and tomato chutney.
- 1 cup ragi (millet) flour
- 1/2 cup palm sugar
- 1/4 cup grated fresh coconut
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 8-10 almonds
- 2 tablespoons black sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 2 tablespoons peanuts
- Roast the grated coconut, peanuts, and sesame seeds separately in a shallow pan. Set them aside to cool.
- Remove the peanut skin.
- Toast the almonds with a tablespoon of ghee.
- Roast ragi flour in 2-3 tablespoons of ghee for about 15-20 minutes. Ghee can be added if desired.
- Add sugar and cardamom. Stir the mixture until it forms a handful (use a spoon to check).
- Once the mixture has cooled, take a handful of the mixture and turn it into a laddu.
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup ragi flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1-2 teaspoons freshly ground cardamom
- Mix the ragi with the flour and spread it out on a tray.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 180°C for about 6-7 minutes. Continue stirring halfway through to ensure even cooking and prevent surface particles from burning.
- Mix butter and sugar to form a soft, creamy paste.
- Stir in yogurt (homemade yogurt face scrub), baking powder, and other spices.
- Once the flour mixture has cooled, add yogurt and butter paste. Mix everything into a thick paste. It’s OK to add chocolate chips at this stage.
- Spread butter paper on a baking sheet and put a cooking ball on top. You can use a fork to flatten it and add a little texture to the surface.
- Bake the cookies at 180°C for about 12 minutes.
- Remove cookies and let cool. Enjoy it with milk or serve it to your guests.
Image credit: Freepik
Like this article?
download Herzindagi Apps for a seamless experience
Your skin and body like you are unique. While we take every step to ensure that the information provided in this article and our social media channels is trustworthy and has been verified by experts, we recommend that you do not use home remedies, simple hacks, or exercise regimens. We recommend that you consult your doctor or dermatologist before trying. For any feedback or complaints, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.