Lemon balm tea is among the most preferred herbal teas in recent years. It is claimed that lemon balm tea, which is among the favorites of many people with its flavor, also provides important benefits for health. So what is balm tea, what effects does it have on metabolism, do you know? Here are all the details you need to know about the benefits of lemon balm…
What is Melissa Tea?
Lemongrass, which grows in the Mediterranean and Europe, is among the mint type plants. Lemongrass, which can reach up to 70-150 centimeters, means ‘Honey Bee’ in Greek. Melissa tea is a natural herbal tea made from the leaves of the lemon balm plant, also known by different names such as hive grass or lemon mint. Melissa tea, which can also be used as a spice, shows its most intense effect when consumed by brewing. Melissa tea, which can be enjoyed plain or with lemon, is shown as one of the most beneficial drinks by its regulars.
Benefits of Lemon Balm Tea
The lemon balm tea, which is claimed to have sedative properties, can calm the person and bring them to a peaceful mood after drinking. Melissa tea is a drink that is frequently consumed in times of insomnia. Consuming a cup of lemon balm at night can relax and prepare a person for sleep.
- Chronic insomnia problem is one of the most common ailments of the age. Lemongrass is recommended to get rid of this discomfort caused by people working in different fields.
- Other common disorders today are depression and various psychological disorders that develop due to stress. Lemongrass is among the recommendations in order to get rid of these ailments.
- Lemongrass can be consumed not only for the improvement of nervous disorders, but also for the fulfillment of all brain functions. It helps memory remain strong. Herbalists recommend that children and young people in their developmental stages use Lemon Grass. Melissa tea, which is claimed to have a concentration-enhancing effect, can strengthen memory, especially when consumed while studying or reading a book; However, in such cases, care should be taken not to consume more than one cup of lemon balm tea. Drinking more than one cup of lemon balm tea can make you sleepy and negatively affect your work.
- Lemongrass also benefits herpes disease that can be seen in all parts of the society. It can be seen that it has a healing effect when used in people who have been uncomfortable with this problem for a long time.
- In cases of excessive consumption of food, gas problems and bloating are disturbing. The main reason for this is that the stomach is not functioning enough and the load is excessive. By consuming lemongrass, you can relax your stomach and end digestive problems.
- Lemongrass is among the choices for relieving chronic headaches. Lemongrass is used to eliminate migraine. Melissa tea, which is believed to have natural pain relieving properties, can also be drunk to relieve pain in different parts of the body. The beverage, which can be consumed up to 3 to 4 times a day, can also help repair the negative effects of the sun and skin blemishes when applied to the skin as a mask.
- You can boil Lemon Grass and gargle with its water. It helps to eliminate bacteria and viruses in the mouth.
How to Use Lemongrass Oil?
It is also possible to use lemon balm oil during relaxing activities such as yoga or meditation. Thanks to this method of use, the concentration of the person increases. In addition, by mixing lemon balm oil with the oils of some herbs, a beautiful room scent or perfume can be obtained. For example, by mixing lemon balm oil with almond, lavender, bergamot, chamomile, rose or rosemary oils, fragrant mixtures are created and can be used as room perfumes.
You can get the vitamin your hair needs by using lemongrass oil in a hair care mask. For this, just add a few drops of lemongrass oil to your mask.
Lemongrass oil is also used in skin masks. Add 2 drops of lemongrass oil to the mask you have prepared and try the mask regularly.
You can use lemongrass oil with aromatherapy method to relieve stress. First of all, you can drip lemongrass oil into your bath water. If you wish, you can drop lemongrass oil in a few corners of your room and let it mix in the air.
Lemongrass is a common herb used in cooking. You can add aroma when you add a drop of its oil.
How to Brew Lemongrass Tea?
Preparing lemongrass tea is easy and effortless! Now follow these steps to brew lemongrass tea:
200 ml hot water
1 teaspoon of dried lemongrass
- Take 1 teaspoon of dried lemongrass in a coffee pot. Add 200 ml of water on it and mix.
- Boil the coffee pot for 8 minutes over low heat and let the herbs open.
- Then strain this tea into a cup.
- You can consume it after the initial temperature has passed.
- You should take care to prepare it freshly in every drink.
- If you are on a chronic medication, you can consult your doctor before consuming lemongrass tea.
- It is recommended that you do not consume lemongrass tea more than 2 cups a day. Herbal teas consumed too much can tire the kidneys.
When to Drink Melissa Tea?
The question of whether melissa tea brings sleep is one of the most curious issues of many consumers. For this reason, it is in the first place among the most frequently asked questions about this herbal tea. Melissa tea can make you sleepy due to its sedative effect, and for this reason, drinking lemon balm tea at night may be a more beneficial choice. It is not recommended to consume balm tea, especially when performing important tasks, before exams, while driving or before important meetings. Leaving Melissa tea at night to relieve the stress of the day is a better decision in terms of both relaxing and finding peace.
Does melissa tea weaken?
Melissa tea helps slimming because it is an herbal tea with antioxidant properties. However, it is not possible to say that balm tea alone will lose weight. Nevertheless, it contributes significantly to weight loss as it supports the healthy functioning of digestive and excretory systems and eliminates problems such as indigestion and gas pains.
Things to consider before consuming melissa tea
Although melissa tea is different in every body, it is a beverage that can affect human health, so it is recommended that those with any health problems or pregnant women consult their physicians before consuming lemon balm tea.
There is a possibility that lemon balm tea may affect the physical development process, so it is recommended that children under the age of 16 do not drink lemon balm tea.
Melissa tea can react with different drugs and reduce the positive effects of the drugs on your body. For this reason, if you are receiving regular treatment, it may be a better decision not to drink lemon balm without the opinion of your doctor.